Featuring Ruka J.Dazzley and Centaro Frozenshawl from Virtual World (c) me.
I Ain't Pinocchio is a project that relates to my 'Virtual World' as an implicit side story. The main purposes of this project are : 1. To tell you a little part of my Virtual World. 2. To share some life values with you. 3. To show my admiration to classics and fairy tales. ( They made my childhood )
I told you most of the life values implicitly, in order to make you think and use your own imagination to find the real meanings behind them. Maybe you found many things were illogical , irrational, or odd, but hey, this is DeviantART , right? I know that you guys, all of the deviants who read this, have incredible brain capacity for imagination.
However, I'll make a list of the correlations between this work and the life values. (Check out your imaginative brain's answers) :
1. Puppet. Each of us do have certain duties in life. Whether we want them or not, we HAVE to do them. Sometimes this make us feel like being controlled, like a puppet. But no worries, we all have this problem.
2. The Music of Life Our life do have music. Sometimes we feel sad, angry, or even mad. They all make our life full of varieties and completely 'ALIVE'. Just enjoy 'em.
3. Pinocchio and the Blue-Haired Fairy I didn't think about Pinocchio at the very beginning. But once it came to 'puppets', I recalled this Pinocchio, one of my most-favorite fairy tales. Let's put Centaro (the boy) as Pinocchio and Ruka (the girl) as the Blue-Haired Fairy. When Ruka told Centaro this story, whether she realized it or not, she has given him a hope, a reason to live his life!
The illustrations I made was based on the novel ( original adventures ) of Pinocchio by Carlo Collodi. Basically, Pinocchio wasn't written for children, since it had a a tragic ending. But with the appearance of the Blue-Haired Fairy, everything changed! She inversed the bad conditions into good and hopeful ending. ( Read [link] for more information ).
So what I wanna tell you is..we CAN give others a hope from a small thing that we do for them. We can start from the simplest thing, such as a sincere smile.
4. Laugh, Laugh, Laugh Centaro : "I wish I were Pinocchio. " Ruka : "Hahaha..." Centaro : "What's so funny?! " Ruka : " If you told a lie, your nose'd get longer just like Pinocchio's. Imagine that! "
Still remember those scenes?
Yeap, sometimes life can be hard and not everything can go as we want it to be. When we feel sad and hopeless...do this: Chin-up! Chin-up! ( as Charlotte from The Charlotte's Web sings ) and...yeah..LAUGH! Share your laugh and life will seem brighter.
5. Say it, Say it NOW We're all bound to time. We never know how many years, days, minutes, or seconds left for us to live. So say your love now, before it's too late, before you can only write it badly on your last letter. You know, regret reflects the shadow of nothing.
6. Ruka's Two Mechanical Hearts Why does that girl have two hearts? The answer is pretty simple. Life is unexpected, isn't it? Well..she's a lucky new puppet, but--the crucial matter is how you use your luckiness ; share it with others, or just keep it for yourself?
7. The new heart didn't work instantly. There are good times and bad times. Sometimes you've done your best, but you don't get the best. According to me, it's pretty okay, since you will not regret anything. At least you've done your best.
8. A Big Change Unlike fairy tales, a big change won't happen in one night. Everything needs efforts, process, and patience, You can't be a professional athlete in a night, an awesome artist in a day, or a human in one kiss. You need practice and persistence, you'll get a step closer and closer to your goal. Little by little, and let the time presents you the sweet fruit.
9. I Ain't Pinocchio In the end of the story, Pinocchio gets all that he wants. He manages to reunite again with his father, Geppetto, and lives happily ever after with him.
These are the reasons of why Centaro wanted to be Pinocchio. It is obvious that it's impossible. In contrast, Ruka and Centaro are still puppets in the end. But..who cares? If they kept on focusing on negative points of their life, they would never enjoyed their Music of Life.
10. "I'm the Composer of the Music of MY Life." Centaro composes his own music of life ; I compose my own music of life ; and so do YOU. Make it beautiful enough to be heard.
Phewwww.....I made it into ten things~ And..and...more or less...it's done a month earlier before my 17th b'dayy..!!! (25th March)
THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR for helping me with the flash!!! I couldn't do anything without him..!! THANK YOU, NAV...!!!!
Background song : Michael Nyman - The Heart Asks Pleasure First - The Promise ( The Piano ) >>> [link] Well, this song is very beautiful, touching, and popular -- it's included in the Best 100 Soundtrack Album and the Best Classics Ever...! Album, so I think I may use it here. (DA pls tell me what to do if this isn't allowed ) :<
LOVE this guitar arrangement version a LOT >>> [link]
Incredibly cool pre-loader by
At first some of my friends ( and my mom ) couldn't understand why I did this -- they said that I wouldn't get anything. But I know I WILL get something, at least my personal satisfaction and hopefully...your pleasure.
Artworks : Adobe Photoshop CS3 Animation : Adobe Flash CS3 Time taken : Less than a month (?) Amount of pages : 102 (the animated pages weren't counted) Centaro - original design : [link] Ruka - original design : [link] Other Virtual World artworks : [link]
Comments, Critique, Deep thoughts, Personal experiences, Serious opinions, Creative suggestions, Awesome ideas, Cool jokes, and Crazy utterances are recommended to the extreme.
--so sorry for my dreadful english and wall-of texts spamming /shot
I thought this short story was very original. The slides flow very nicely. The coloring could be a bit better and the lines could be more defined, but other than that I think you did very well on the art work. You also did very well showing each characters emotions. The emotions not only show in the character but also in the reader. When your coloring try outlining your images with the pen tool, for each color or gradient you should use the pen tool to select the area that should be colored. If you're coloring by hand it's important to use oil pencil crayons, I find they work best. The music was also a great addition to this short story. I think you could do a bit better with your grammar. I think this is a masterpiece. It should be forever cherished.
Clean, no turbidity, fine. melodic story. My own heart ached when I saw it. I am in awe. I bow before your feet. That's fine, I repeat. I understand, this is a love story. This melody. In process of viewing at me tears flew. Fine balancing of color. Excellent art. Technics smart. And as if the young man is surrounded with a somber color, and the girl - warm. Such tenderness. Perfectly well. And as it has given it heart! Let realists say that the love is a motivation of a brain. No! I will remember this history forever. Even "Draw with me" me so hasn't impressed.
Guys, we have just
who stalk my profile
;D) may already
knowthat my premium
giveaway starts @
so happy~ :la::star:
PRIZE :star:Only one
RULES Be a...
lives go by so fast
and the time for
what we really want
to do is limited.
So, how to wisely
value our time, how
to make the best of
every single day and
are some of my
thoughts about the
topic and I hope
that they might be
PLEASE NOTE: Tags
are in limited Beta
release and not all
Beta Testers have
access to this
feature at this
been hearing a lot
about tags in the
past few months, and
we’re happy to
been fully released
to Beta Testers.Tags
er your journey and
contribute to a
major art project
deviantART and The
system of schools.
whether your art is
traditional, we want
to see where your
journey has taken
scheinbar is a much-loved and well-known deviant. Just one look at her gallery, filled with enchanting photography, will have you mesmerized. A deviant for over 7 years, Christiane can always be found posting inspirational features as well as regularly commenting on other deviations and encouraging and empowering her fellow deviants. We are inspired and insist that you too stop by and congratulate ... Read More