Featuring Ruka J.Dazzley and Centaro Frozenshawl from Virtual World (c) me.
I Ain't Pinocchio is a project that relates to my 'Virtual World' as an implicit side story. The main purposes of this project are : 1. To tell you a little part of my Virtual World. 2. To share some life values with you. 3. To show my admiration to classics and fairy tales. ( They made my childhood )
I told you most of the life values implicitly, in order to make you think and use your own imagination to find the real meanings behind them. Maybe you found many things were illogical , irrational, or odd, but hey, this is DeviantART , right? I know that you guys, all of the deviants who read this, have incredible brain capacity for imagination.
However, I'll make a list of the correlations between this work and the life values. (Check out your imaginative brain's answers) :
1. Puppet. Each of us do have certain duties in life. Whether we want them or not, we HAVE to do them. Sometimes this make us feel like being controlled, like a puppet. But no worries, we all have this problem.
2. The Music of Life Our life do have music. Sometimes we feel sad, angry, or even mad. They all make our life full of varieties and completely 'ALIVE'. Just enjoy 'em.
3. Pinocchio and the Blue-Haired Fairy I didn't think about Pinocchio at the very beginning. But once it came to 'puppets', I recalled this Pinocchio, one of my most-favorite fairy tales. Let's put Centaro (the boy) as Pinocchio and Ruka (the girl) as the Blue-Haired Fairy. When Ruka told Centaro this story, whether she realized it or not, she has given him a hope, a reason to live his life!
The illustrations I made was based on the novel ( original adventures ) of Pinocchio by Carlo Collodi. Basically, Pinocchio wasn't written for children, since it had a a tragic ending. But with the appearance of the Blue-Haired Fairy, everything changed! She inversed the bad conditions into good and hopeful ending. ( Read [link] for more information ).
So what I wanna tell you is..we CAN give others a hope from a small thing that we do for them. We can start from the simplest thing, such as a sincere smile.
4. Laugh, Laugh, Laugh Centaro : "I wish I were Pinocchio. " Ruka : "Hahaha..." Centaro : "What's so funny?! " Ruka : " If you told a lie, your nose'd get longer just like Pinocchio's. Imagine that! "
Still remember those scenes?
Yeap, sometimes life can be hard and not everything can go as we want it to be. When we feel sad and hopeless...do this: Chin-up! Chin-up! ( as Charlotte from The Charlotte's Web sings ) and...yeah..LAUGH! Share your laugh and life will seem brighter.
5. Say it, Say it NOW We're all bound to time. We never know how many years, days, minutes, or seconds left for us to live. So say your love now, before it's too late, before you can only write it badly on your last letter. You know, regret reflects the shadow of nothing.
6. Ruka's Two Mechanical Hearts Why does that girl have two hearts? The answer is pretty simple. Life is unexpected, isn't it? Well..she's a lucky new puppet, but--the crucial matter is how you use your luckiness ; share it with others, or just keep it for yourself?
7. The new heart didn't work instantly. There are good times and bad times. Sometimes you've done your best, but you don't get the best. According to me, it's pretty okay, since you will not regret anything. At least you've done your best.
8. A Big Change Unlike fairy tales, a big change won't happen in one night. Everything needs efforts, process, and patience, You can't be a professional athlete in a night, an awesome artist in a day, or a human in one kiss. You need practice and persistence, you'll get a step closer and closer to your goal. Little by little, and let the time presents you the sweet fruit.
9. I Ain't Pinocchio In the end of the story, Pinocchio gets all that he wants. He manages to reunite again with his father, Geppetto, and lives happily ever after with him.
These are the reasons of why Centaro wanted to be Pinocchio. It is obvious that it's impossible. In contrast, Ruka and Centaro are still puppets in the end. But..who cares? If they kept on focusing on negative points of their life, they would never enjoyed their Music of Life.
10. "I'm the Composer of the Music of MY Life." Centaro composes his own music of life ; I compose my own music of life ; and so do YOU. Make it beautiful enough to be heard.
Phewwww.....I made it into ten things~ And..and...more or less...it's done a month earlier before my 17th b'dayy..!!! (25th March)
THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR for helping me with the flash!!! I couldn't do anything without him..!! THANK YOU, NAV...!!!!
Background song : Michael Nyman - The Heart Asks Pleasure First - The Promise ( The Piano ) >>> [link] Well, this song is very beautiful, touching, and popular -- it's included in the Best 100 Soundtrack Album and the Best Classics Ever...! Album, so I think I may use it here. (DA pls tell me what to do if this isn't allowed ) :<
LOVE this guitar arrangement version a LOT >>> [link]
Incredibly cool pre-loader by
At first some of my friends ( and my mom ) couldn't understand why I did this -- they said that I wouldn't get anything. But I know I WILL get something, at least my personal satisfaction and hopefully...your pleasure.
Artworks : Adobe Photoshop CS3 Animation : Adobe Flash CS3 Time taken : Less than a month (?) Amount of pages : 102 (the animated pages weren't counted) Centaro - original design : [link] Ruka - original design : [link] Other Virtual World artworks : [link]
Comments, Critique, Deep thoughts, Personal experiences, Serious opinions, Creative suggestions, Awesome ideas, Cool jokes, and Crazy utterances are recommended to the extreme.
--so sorry for my dreadful english and wall-of texts spamming /shot
This is honestly, one of the most wonderful things I have ever seen! to the bottom of my core, I loved it. The story was endearing, and behind all that, the music, while simple, was beautiful. Your skills as an artist are simply enchanting, and your skills as a writer are even more so. Simply amazing.
I adore the way you managed to portray everything, and how the scenes graduated into lighter and lighter parts each time. Amazing does not begin to cover the situation.
I was moved to tears, and hope that I can see more like this from you in the future!
I can't believe how your imagination is so whiled & clean to create such a masterpiece...a story in a story ^3^ I love the whole thing .. I love the music , I love the story &I love the characters the very must <3 <3 so creative!! and the music so sweet & touching... and the style of your drawing so amazing...... it just beautiful so beautiful..and That's it.. ^^ sorry I talked to much but I can't help it This is the most epic flash I ever seen in my life <3 <3 1 more thing.. It's Perfect you make my life Thank you..Thank you
it made me honestly cry. This is so beautiful and touching. It just touches right in the feels... It's all perfect, the music, the story, the art...I wish could make art that meaningful. It's just amazing...
This is so beautiful... so full of impact... I will favourite this, though I'll bookmark it as well, for those times when life feels empty... for those times when I feel hopeless, just going through the motions like some machine or some puppet... I'll remember this, and it's many messages, because... though control of my life never seems to be in my hands, I ain't Pinocchio either.
My Etsy Shop:
Holidays dear humans
:+fav: this journal
to have a cha...
DeviantART is proud
to announce that
SketchBook users on
iPad and Android
tablets now have the
ability to create
and submit art
directly from their
with Autodesk has
to become the first
into SketchBook --
se, :+fav: this
journal for the
featured artists to
person who favorites
this journal will
_____Thank you all
for the support on
Art and Music are
endless sources of
let's have fun
then select a song
and 3 artworks that
go with your
themeOur judges will
then select the best
st Place:"'til Hell
Working with color
can be difficult no
matter what medium
you choose, but it
can be especially
Learning how to mix
your own colors is
equally as important
as learning how to
apply them to your
work.1. No matter
what your art
teacher says, YOU
CAN use black and
^Nyx-Valentine arrived in our community and started whipping everyone into a frenzy with her relentless desire to bring the Artistic Nude and Fetish galleries to the fore. 9 years later, and it's safe to say that Nyx is not only a leader as a photographer in these galleries, but she has also established herself as a much saught after model. ^... Read More